Hi, my name is Ruth Hoyle and I am the business owner.
My love of fitness and Pilates began at an early age as a competitive swimmer.
I studied sports science and leisure studies at Sheffield Hallam University and then went on to train in many different types of group exercise.
In 2000, I trained with Michael King at The Pilates Institute and began teaching classes in the Manchester area.
More recently I have trained with Cherry Baker at Modern Pilates. This has taken my knowledge and teaching to a new level allowing me to offer a more clinical and current approach to Pilates. I have specialised training in the spine, abdominals, pelvic floor, hip/knee and Pilates in pregnancy.
Among many other qualifications, I am also a specialist in pre and post natal exercise. I really enjoy working with new mums at such a special time in their lives.
With a career spanning over 17 years in the health and fitness industry, I bring lots of knowledge and experience. I am extremely passionate about what I do and really enjoy working with everyone, from complete beginners to seasoned athletes. I pride myself on keeping appraised on all the latest research and education within my industry. My classes are professional, effective and lots of fun too.
I have a very strong work ethic and give my all in everything I do. I truly believe that with a goal and a positive mind you will make it every time!
I am a social person and spend my free time with family and friends. I enjoy swimming, running and competing in Modern Pentathlon. I am currently ranked in the top 3 in Great Britain for my age.
In 2016, I was proud to be a finalist in the National Community Fitness Instructor of the year.
I am also the presenter of The Healthy Breakfast Show on Chorley FM, Saturday morning 7-9am. This show is all about encouraging the local community to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Here are just a few examples of the qualifications I hold;
- Modern Pilates /CYQ level 3 Diploma in Modern Pilates
- Modern Pilates -Spinal and abdominal diagnostics
- Modern Pilates- Hip and knee diagnostics
- Modern Pilates- Progressive Matwork
- Modern Pilates- Progressive Matwork with equipment
- Modern Pilates - Pilates In Pregnancy
- Modern PIlates - Pelvic floor function & Dysfunction
- Modern Pilates - Shoulder diagnostics
- CYQ level 3 Specialist in Ante/Post natal exercise
- Biomechanics Education - Certified Biomechanics Trainer
- The Pilates Institute - Pilates Based Matwork
- Michael King - Pilates Matwork update 2015
- M Bodies traning academy -Practical Fascial Release methods for Movement Professionals
- Barre Pilates Method - Certified instructor
Hi. My name is Kay Ashley. I work for Exercise Angels as a freelance teacher.
I teach the Monday evening classes at Buckshaw Village and am on hand to help out with cover for Ruth. I am a Pilates professional who is passionate about helping people maintain and improve function, flexibility and improve wellbeing and quality of life.
I have a wealth of experience in fitness and have been a group exercise teacher for over 20 years. I used to teach classes in addition to working full time and ultimately decided to move full time in the fitness industry around 15 years ago. I completed a diploma in Health and Fitness Studies and Sports Therapy. Since then I have added many more qualifications, which includes my Level 3 pilates qualification.
In addition to working in the fitness industry I played netball for 34 years and I am also a Level 2 Triathlon coach. I have found that practicing pilates helps reduce injuries and also can be essential to rehabilitation from injuries. I am keen to share this with all my class participants and feel it essential to apply, and explain the pilates principles throughout our sessions so that you can apply them practically in other situations, be this day to day life or other exercise sessions. I look forward to our sessions together so that I can help you achieve your goals.
On a personal note I am a mum to 10 year old twins who keep me busy with their numerous activities. Pilates helps me keep up.
My qualifications are listed below:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness Studies
- Level 2 Diploma in Sports Therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Therapies
- Level 3 Pilates Diploma
- Specialist Pilates – Hip and Knee
- Aquacise teacher
- Spin instructor
- Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor
- Level 2 British Triathlon Federation Coach
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining any of the classes on the Exercise Angels programme.