Hi, my name is Ruth Hoyle and I am the business owner.
My love of fitness and Pilates began at an early age as a competitive swimmer.
I studied sports science and leisure studies at Sheffield Hallam University and then went on to train in many different types of group exercise.
In 2000, I trained with Michael King at The Pilates Institute and spent many years teaching classes in the Manchester area.
In recent years, I have trained with Cherry Baker at Modern Pilates. This has taken my knowledge and teaching to a new level allowing me to offer a more clinical and current approach to Pilates. I have specialised training in the spine, abdominals, pelvic floor, hip/knee and Pilates in pregnancy.
I am also a Spine Safe Pilates Reformer teacher.
Among many other qualifications, I am also a specialist in pre and post natal exercise. I really enjoy working with new mums at such a special time in their lives.
With a career spanning over 18 years in the health and fitness industry, I bring lots of knowledge and experience. I am extremely passionate about what I do and really enjoy working with everyone, from complete beginners to athletes. Exercise Angels is a team and everyone is looked after.
I pride myself on keeping appraised on all the latest research and education within my industry. Each year I attend courses and seminars to ensure i maintain an excellent CPD record.
I have a very strong work ethic and give my all in everything I do. I truly believe that with a goal and a positive mind you will make it every time!
I am a social person and spend my free time with family and friends. I enjoy swimming, running and competing in Modern Pentathlon. I represent GB in Biathle.
In 2016, I was proud to be a finalist in the National Community Fitness Instructor of the year.
I am also the presenter of The Healthy Breakfast Show on Chorley FM, Saturday morning 7-9am. My show is all about educating and encouraging the local community to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Here are just a few examples of the qualifications I hold;
- Modern Pilates /CYQ level 3 Diploma in Modern Pilates
- Modern Pilates -Spinal and abdominal diagnostics
- Modern Pilates- Hip and knee diagnostics
- Modern Pilates- Progressive Matwork
- Modern Pilates- Progressive Matwork with equipment
- Modern Pilates - Pilates In Pregnancy
- Modern PIlates - Pelvic floor function & Dysfunction
- Modern Pilates - Shoulder diagnostics
- CYQ level 3 Specialist in Ante/Post natal exercise
- Biomechanics Education - Certified Biomechanics Trainer
- Spine Safe Pilates Reformer Teacher
- The Pilates Institute - Pilates Based Matwork
- Michael King - Pilates Matwork update 2015
- M Bodies traning academy -Practical Fascial Release methods for Movement Professionals
- Barre Pilates Method - Certified instructor
I would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining any of the sessions on the Exercise Angels programme.